Monday, August 23, 2010

Once Again...

I've been put in my place... how in the world can I feel so down about my life when a family just lost their little boy to cancer... I am ashamed of such self importance. My heart is breaking for the Bish Family, whom I was introduced to through my cousin Lara Foster, but I could not imagine going through the loss of a... child. How dare I wallow in such self pity when there are others suffering way more than I... http://www.schoedinger.com/obituaries/Samuel-Bish/


On a lighter, and thankful note...


Emily will start 1st grade on Wednesday, and Jake will start school on Friday. It's so hard to believe my babies will both be in school. Jake is in the all day kindergarten class because he struggled a bit with his assessment. Though he has been in tutoring all summer, his progress has been slow, but I am sure that with all day kindergarten and additional tutoring weekly with Miss Kelly, he will be on his way. Getting two kids ready for school has been interesting, to say the least, and now we have cheerleading and sports schedules to keep track of to make sure everyone gets where they are supposed to be on time. Emily is becoming so grown up, but I am reminded a lot of the time of what a little girl she still is. It scares me to think about getting her through the next 10 plus years, to have her grow into the wonderful woman I know she can be. How huge of a challenge it is to be a mom!



No comments: